Strings for a Carvin LB76

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TheArchitect, Aug 27, 2009.

1. TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Aug 4, 2009
    Need some ideas for strings

Its a 6 string Carvin bass that is a studio axe. I have used Carvin strings on it in the past and they are OK. I want better than OK. I am looking for a modernish jazz fusion sort of sound. Think Gary Willis with Tribal Tech or John Patitucci with Chick Corea's Electric Band.

It will need to do some pop and rock duty as well but I don't think that will be an issue

Any help would be appreciated

2. For my fretted basses, I really like GHS Boomers (light). I have a LB76F (fretless), so I buy the flatwound strings from Carvin. Finding flatwound strings for a 6 string is hard.

3. S.I.T. rock brights.

thats whats on my '92 LB76. once i discovered S.I.T. i havent touched another brand of strings.

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Say no more. DR Fat Beams. Or if you prefer a bit stiffer feel, DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders.

Each is smooth, refined, articulate, modern - in the best sense of that word. But for a modern fusion vibe, Fat Beams for me... :cool:

MM

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021