1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Strings for a Peavey Cirrus 6

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lucky7, May 17, 2005.

1. Lucky7

Lucky7

Jan 31, 2005
    I need to replace the strings on Peavey Cirrus 6 and was looking for some recommendations on what to go with. Previously, I had a setup performed and had D'Addario's installed but was informed that I had to go with the Super Long Scale. I am now having trouble finding a D'Addario Super Long Scale 6 string set. Any recommendations.

2. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
  3. I just read your post.

I play a Cirrus 6 as well, love it, very good bass.
    You did not indicate what type of music you play but I use Ken Smith Taper Core Med-6, Stainless. For my style of music, praise & worship & black gospel, they are great. They are bright on a slap/pop, and when fingering they are smooth sounding with a good overall tone from top to bottom. Delivered to my door they were $35.00 from juststrings.com.

I am interested in the D'Addario strings though. I have been tempted to buy a set to check them out. How do they sound for you?
    Also you mentioned the length. The Cirrus 6 is a 35" scale which should be fit by long scale strings, not super long scale. Was that just for the D'Addario? :eyebrow:

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    With D'Addario strings Long Scale sets are appropriate for 34" scale and Super Long Scale sets are needed on a 35" scale or a 34" Scale using the string through body option.