Strings for a Peavey Cirrus 6

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lucky7, May 17, 2005.

1. Lucky7

Jan 31, 2005
    I need to replace the strings on Peavey Cirrus 6 and was looking for some recommendations on what to go with. Previously, I had a setup performed and had D'Addario's installed but was informed that I had to go with the Super Long Scale. I am now having trouble finding a D'Addario Super Long Scale 6 string set. Any recommendations.
  2. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
  3. I just read your post.

I play a Cirrus 6 as well, love it, very good bass.
    You did not indicate what type of music you play but I use Ken Smith Taper Core Med-6, Stainless. For my style of music, praise & worship & black gospel, they are great. They are bright on a slap/pop, and when fingering they are smooth sounding with a good overall tone from top to bottom. Delivered to my door they were $35.00 from

I am interested in the D'Addario strings though. I have been tempted to buy a set to check them out. How do they sound for you?
    Also you mentioned the length. The Cirrus 6 is a 35" scale which should be fit by long scale strings, not super long scale. Was that just for the D'Addario? :eyebrow:
  4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    With D'Addario strings Long Scale sets are appropriate for 34" scale and Super Long Scale sets are needed on a 35" scale or a 34" Scale using the string through body option.