1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strings for a Pre-Ernie-Ball Stingray

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by sandmann, Sep 20, 2010.

1. sandmann

sandmann

Dec 27, 2005
    hi,

i want to spend my ´78 stingray some new strings. i just put a fresh set of regular slinkies on my mm50 and though how fantastic these strings sound on a musicman - but my ´78 only allows string-through-body stringing and as far as i can see there are no extra long strings made by ernie ball.

what strings do you guys put on your old stingrays? should be the same problem on the new classic series.

regards,

sandmann

2. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    No answer to your question, because I have to ask, why did you find it necessary to start two threads with this question in two different forums? One would have been enough, and I'm not sure, but this kind of thing could be against forum rules.

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    My last pre EB StingRay worked really well with Ken Smith Rockmasters. That set really helped balance the string output across all four strings. Most company's long scale strings will fit just fine, with the exception of D'Addario. On my Laklands which also string through the body, I've been very happy with DR Hi-Beams and Lakland's stainless.

John

4. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    IL
    Really? Seriouly?...... Honestly?..... Like, for real?
    Show an ounce of class and PM someone if you think they are unknowingly breaking a rule.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021