Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strings for a Reverend 5L

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by chris4001asat, Nov 8, 2004.

1. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    I just got my Reverend from an ebay auction, and it has Labella flats on it. I love the sound of flats, except when I play them! It's my first Reverend, and first 5 string. Any suggestions?

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    My Rumblefish now has DR Sunbeams on it and they sound great. Just watch the gauge. It seems that Reverend shipped product with the nut slotted for a larger gauge than they installed at the factory. Enjoy that Reverend!

3. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Any more suggestions? I wish I would've bought some Slowound 5 string sets.....

4. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    C'mon Reverend owners! Help a brother out!

5. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    TI-Flats- Big Old School Booty.

6. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I also use DR Sunbeams on my 'fish 4 string. They seem to work really well with this bass.

7. I've used D'Addario XLs and Ernie Ball Slinkys on my Rumblefish, with great results. I had a Reverend 5-string briefly, and it shipped with S.I.T. strings, which sounded great, FWIW.

8. i use DR lo-riders (the nickel-plated kind) on mine. sunbeams are nice but these are more aggressive. if you want a lot more aggressive, get the stainless steel lo-riders.