Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

strings for a Warwick Corvette Standard 5?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by harpuajimi, Apr 9, 2003.

1. harpuajimi

harpuajimi

Apr 9, 2003
    i recently purchased my Warwick and for the first month or so the strings sounded great ... now they sound and feel dead to me ... the bass came with Warwick Black label stainles steel strings ... i have talked to others who think that the warwick strings leave something to be desired

anyone have any advice on what strings to use on a Corvette Standard (active pickups)

any string advice welcomed

jason

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    DR Lo Riders (stainless steel.) Throw a pair on the Corvette and never look back.

3. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I'm sold on LaBella SuperSteps(.45-.105) for both of my Standards(fretted and fretless). I've been using them specifically for the last 4 years. Because of the tailpiece/bridge combo on the Standards, you are able to use these strings(which have an exposed core, not for use on some basses). The exposed core gives you more sustain, treble, and life. They will actually lower your action a fraction because of the amount of string below the bridge area due to the exposed core(a neat side effect!). Nothing against DR's(I have them on my J-bass and my T-bird).

4. I use EBS Stainless Steel 45-105 on my Corvette Standard. Sounds really great!!!

5. harpuajimi

harpuajimi

Apr 9, 2003
    thanks, y'all

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    WORD.

7. BenderR

BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    All Warwicks come with them and they aren't all that expensive. Musician's friend is quite reasonable on them.