Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strings for a Warwick Corvette Standard?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by LowEbandit, Mar 5, 2005.

1. LowEbandit

LowEbandit

Aug 11, 2004
    NWPhx
    Good day guys, Warwick players, what do you use for strings? The Black labels that come on them or something else?
    I tried some DR low riders on my Schecter and love them, I was thinking of putting a set on my Warwick.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!

2. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    I've always used Labella Hard Rockin' Steels on my Warwick. I do love the sound of them but also the tapered B and E string are a big help on Warwicks. If you are using a 4 string the tapering might not be a factor though. There have been threads like this before so searching my help you get more info.

A lot of people recommend using the Warwick Black Labels. Also a good number of folk have suggested DR Lo Riders.

3. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    I've tried the Elixer Nanowebs on my 'vette, and something just wasnt right with their sound. Then I put on some D'addario XL's and they sound and play great. plus at $18 a set of 4, they're definantly worth the price, and then some. They'd get my vote.

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've tried DR Hi Beams and loved them on my FNA Jazzman, but currently it's strung with Warwick Black Labels. I find them to be basically the same as the DR's but seem to sound more "open" if that means anything.... I loved both, still not sure what I'll stick with but give DR's a try.

5. MUppet

MUppet

Nov 16, 2004
    I use the DR Hi-Beams on my Corvette, nice tight lows, with some brightness

6. permadave

permadave

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I have used DR Highbeams in the past with good results. Right now I am using Detroit Bass Nickel Roundwounds (generic brand from webstrings.com). They are actually pretty good and you can't beat the price! :bassist: