Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strings for a Warwick Streamer Stage I 5?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Sean Baumann, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    What are you all using on your Warwick Streamer Stage I five string? Just curious. I have no idea what are on my "new to me" bass. I assume they are the Warwick strings. They are a tad bright.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    *cough* rotosound funkmasters! (I know I have a thumb, but they're still the best strings ever).

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Warwicks with Dr Lo riders are always nice.

4. bste9

bste9

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    i second the low riders. Any DR string is a good choice, but the low riders have a little somethin extra on warwicks.

5. Sean Baumann

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I have a set of DR long necks I was saving for my MTD, but maybe I should try those.

I'm concerned that the funkmasters (or any really light guage set) will lack bottom. Is this true? Would they be too bright on my already seriously bright maple bass?

6. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    +1 Low Riders or Marcus Miller Fat Beams.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    They might have a less full tone, yes.

8. Sean Baumann

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Nickel or steel? Is the B tappered? If not, will it fit?

9. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    For whatever reason, Rotosounds reacted the best with my Warwicks. They gave my Thumb and my Jazzman a thick meaty rude full tone without to much brightness. I think I used the stainless steels.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Steel., and im not sure,havent dealt with 5 string sets.

11. Sean Baumann

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Whafrodamus is one persistent dude, so I went ahead and ordered the roto funkmasters. I'll let you all know how they work out.

12. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I use Hi Beams and I've never had a problem fitting them into my bridge, once a little crimping action was needed but just a little bit. I actually have been thinking about trying Lo Riders and/or Warwick Black Labels again... so many decisions, so little money :rolleyes:

13. Sean Baumann

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I found a set of five string DR low-riders (steel) in my closet! If the funkmasters don't work out, those will be next.

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I've been using LaBella Hard Rockin' Steels on my SSI5. I think they sound great.