strings for American Deluxe Jazz

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Eli M., Aug 4, 2004.

1. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I have been using D'Addario XL mediums for a while. Lately though, I have found that they feel a bit loose and floppy to me. I am looking for a similar sound, but higher tension. Will I accomplish this by just getting a thicker gauge of the same strings (I would prefer a bit thicker anyway)? Or does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    DR Low Riders seem to have a little more tension than the D'addario's. They sound great too.
  3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA

Not to sound mean, but it is pointless to post things like these. You choose your own strings. Everyone here has their own preferance of string. When you post this, people will just tell you what they use on their bass. It may be the same bass (or similar) as yours, it may not. There are no strings for an American Deluxe Jazz that won't sound good on any other bass. Just experiment.

Edit: This post is one of the better of the many posts on the string board. The poster actually tells of the tension situation he has, and what he's looking for to an extent. Other posts just ask for random string recommendations. That's what I'm talking about.

But on that note... Rotosounds?
  4. SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
  5. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    What gauge are you using?
  6. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Marc40a, you seem to have found this thread a bit late. Not long after I posted the original question, I completely changed what I was looking for. I decided to try flatwounds and I put on a set of heavy La Bella Deep Talkin' flats. I found these to be too thick for my purposes, so when those went dead, I tried the TI Jazz Flats (.043-.100). I've had those on for several days now and those are the ones I'll be sticking with.
  7. ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    I have an active MIA Fender Jazz, I've been using DR Hi-Beams for a while with a sansamp Di... really perfect in every way... for me. I can't really possibly know what you're looking for. I'd give em a try, they are high quality strings.. if you don't like em switch back.
  8. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Same here, except I am using the Lowriders. Good combo. If you want some growl, though, use fenders taperwounds. They work very well for that and last a long time.