Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

strings for fender thru body?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Dec 30, 2004.

1. i jsut got a maerican fender jazz bass, as most of you know american fenders are string thru body and they have several slots for the strings to go by, on the e string the strings string that the bass came with are wierd, it comes out of the body looking like a g string and then it gets bigger like a e string after it passes the bridge. im guessing the astrings are fender but what are they called?

2. by the way, they have silver silk at the end.

3. They are Fender Super Bass strings, and the E string is taperwound. Taperwound basically means that a thin part rests on the saddle and gets progressively larger until full diameter a few centimeters away. This is very useful on fat strings such as the E (and B - on Fender 5's, they also come tapered) as it is easier to intonate.

By the way, these are the 8250s, to be exact. Fender makes Super Bass 7250s also, which are not tapered at all.

4. so which ddoes my bass have i want these exact strings they sound great!

5. sorry i didnt read it correctly, thank you very mucho

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Those grey strings are Fender 8250's
    The gauges are .45, .65, .85, 110TW
    I use these strings on my MIA Standard Jazz, My Victor Bailey, and my FMT V.