1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Strings for fretless...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by volt9stormrider, May 7, 2006.

1. Fender® 9120 Nylon Tapewound Bass Strings ive heard that these fretless bass strings are real good is it true? Anybody have any experience w/ these strings? they also look pretty cool because theyre black and they seem like good strings if you dont know what these are heres a link to them:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bass/Accessories?sku=101218
    please reply if you know anything about these strings. thanks.

2. RSalvador

RSalvador Lakland 44-94 - Markbass LMT 800 - Schroeder 1212L

Nov 19, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    I put them on my SX fretless P. They, IMHO have a better fretless sound than the D'addarios that came on it. More Mwah less thump. I tried La Bella Flats nickel wound and they were all thump, with hardly any Mwah.

I'm having buzzing isuses in the first three finger positions of the E and A strings though. I've loosened the truss rod a 1/4 turn and let it set but no relief yet. I'll try another 1/4 turn next.

I think they are good fretless strings, about what I was expecting out of tape wounds, but I'll probably try the La Bella 760N tape wounds next.

3. thx for the feedback ill check both of them out...

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I adore them on my Franken-PJ bass.