1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Strings For MM Stingray

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rutkn, Jan 28, 2006.

1. rutkn

rutkn

Jan 12, 2006
    Australia
    I have a mm stingray and i just broke one of the strings. I am going to get them replaced but dont know what strings to put. can someone recommend me some i like to play funk and rock

Thanks

2. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    Flea uses Boomers on his Stingray. Stingrays come from the factory with EB Slinkies I think. D'Addario XLs are a great nickel string. Maybe you want a brighter steel string. Lots of choices.

Dave

3. Rotosound "swing bass" 40-100's are grest for slapping AND fingering so you may wanna give 'em a bash

(I've got them on both my 4-string Jazzes and they're pretty nice for everything which needs some slight tin in the bass - but they do eventually go dead and boomy after a few months)

4. bkief1

bkief1

Dec 25, 2005
    Try a set of Snake Oils-Bass Strings from Dean Fraley at http://www.sobstrings.net

I am not associated with this company, just an extremely satisfied and loyal customer. I use these strings on all of my basses and guitars. These are truly the best.

I cannot recommend these enough.

HTH