Strings for my Fender USA P5

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by LionOnBass, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    I use Rotosound Swing Bass 66. Part number RS665LD. Doesn’t take long for your fingers to toughen up.

2. russellh86

russellh86 Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2014
    I’ve also struggled with strings for my P5s. I had an American standard version few years back and ended up selling as I just couldn’t get it to sound decent. Fast forward a couple of years and I find myself with an American Pro P5 in that killer green with a maple board and struggling to find a round wound string that I like until today. Intrude LaBella RX Nickels and Dr Nickel Low Riders to no avail. I slapped a set of GHS Balanced Nickels on today and they sound and feel great. I realize that the OP can’t tolerate Nickel, but I figured I’d chime in just in case others were perusing the thread.

I generally try to play flats on my rosewood board basses and rounds on my maple, but I’d be interested in hearing about how the EB Cobalt Flats turn out. I have a pair cut for a string through Fender five string sitting in my string box that I could slap on.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    LionOnBass likes this.
  3. BigDrew

BigDrew

Jun 1, 2016
    LI-NY
    My Am Stand looooved NYXLs.

russellh86 likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021