Strings for my schecter!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by chilliwilli, Mar 15, 2006.

1. chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    I have a Schecter Stiletto-Custom 5 string Bass 35' scale

I put DR Loriders on it which i normally use, but the EMGHZ pickups and the electronics that come with it are just too bright for these strings.

I play funk, hip hop, R&B, and gospel and I slap and do fingerstyle equally. I need a string that i can slap with(doesnt need to be that hi fi my bass is bright already), has lots and lots of low end, but also has a kind of natural scooped sound with very little mids. I would like to be felt more than heard if that makes sense :).

I like flats(know of one i can slap with one a bright bass?), dont want an stainless string that will eat frets(thats why i like DR), higher tension is preferable.

I appreciate anyones help. Sorry if i seem demanding :help:
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Try the DR Black Beauties. I have some on my elite 5 and they sound pretty good. They seem to tame the high end some on the EMG Hzs. Also do you know you can try different settings on the little white switches inside the pre amp that will effect the frequency that the treble control is set at?
  3. chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    Say what now? :confused:
  4. chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    ok ive experimented and it seems turning right switch down inside made the treble control boost a lower frequency which i like better. I couldnt tell much of a difference when i played with the other one, so i just left it where it was in the down position. I guess that means lower frequency for the bass contorl.

Thanks alot i think ill be able to keep the same strings on :)