Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

strings for Peavey Cirrus 5

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by freebeer, May 5, 2003.

1. Recently bought a Cirrus 5 string. Curious what you all use on your 35" scale 5 strings. I thought the peavey strings seemed pretty decent on the cirrus, but curious to hear what and why people use. On my 4 strings i use GHS Pressurewounds but unfortunately they don't make those for 5 stringers...

2. I don't have a Cirrus any more, but when I had mine (a Cirrus 6) I used Cirrus strings for awhile - they're pretty nice strings.

I prefer steel strings though - so I restrung the Cirrus with DR Lo-Riders and really liked the tone.

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I use Cirrus strings on my Cirrus and occasionally D'addario XL 70's Super Long Nickels. I prefer nickel over steel.

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I use D'Addario Slowound SW2000-5SLs or the coated EXP170-5SLs on my Cirrus 5. If you do decide to go with any D'Addario strings, make sure that you get the super long sets for the Cirrus.

5. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I use Labella Slappers on mine. They're very nice, IMO

6. I tried the peavey strings on it. They were soooo bad i took them off a day later. So tiny and twangy god awful. I had to cut the wrap of my pressurewound GHS Strings so they can fit on the 35" scale and now she sounds spectacular.

7. I've been using Elixirs on my Cirrus 5 for most of the last year. Great sounding and comfortable. The XL scale mediums fit perfectly, and they last a good long time.

I'm curious about black diamonds, though, and I think the stock Cirrus strings are very good too.

8. b0nes83

b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    I use elixers on my 4 strin cirrus. I change them twice a year...once before each semester. peace
    Chad