Strings for Peavey T-40

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by steve2, Jul 2, 2002.

1. steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    After having my T-40 for about 3 weeks now I have decided it is time to make a decision and put something on there. To me what ever kind of strings that came on there sounds kind of muddy campared to the J bass. (It could be the pups controls, I need to do some more experementing) . Since my #1 bass is a MIM J Bass with 60's custom shop pups and Chromes flats. I have decided not to put flats on it. I want some thing different. I play at Church along with Blues, Jazz and a little Motown. I would like to take advantage of the different sounds that it can produce.

2. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Steve, I have DR. Highbeams on my T40 and really do like the way it sounds now. What color is your T40?
  3. steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    My t 40 is natural. Dr's is kind of hard to find hear but I did get the Daddario Prism. The are very brite. I kind off wanted something totally different than my Jazz bass which has flats.

4. BBass

Jan 1, 2002
    Sparta, Tennessee
    Congratulations on your purchase of the classic T-40:D
    As for strings, DR's really do sound great on them-better than anything else I've used. They add a lot of definition, and keep it from getting overly thick and muddy (which it can do if you don't watch it).
    If you have the model with the exposed humbucker blades, try to get strings with mellow highs-otherwise the G might sound harsh.