Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strings for warwick corvette standard

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mlu, Jul 21, 2005.

1. mlu

mlu

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    What would you all recommend for a warwick corvette standard?

If the style of music makes a difference then I play funk/blues. I am an all round kind of guy

2. bstringrandy

bstringrandy Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    MLU

I have a Warwick Corvette Standard 5 and I've had the best luck with Warwick Black Label Mediums.

I've tried DR, GHS, and D'Adarios but I never got the tone and response out of them like I did the Warwicks. Plus, the Warwicks are tapered, which is a must for the B string in the Warwick bridge. You can find them at Musician's Friend or all over Ebay.

Randy

3. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    DR high beams sounded great on mine

4. TBASS

TBASS

Sep 17, 2004
    Tulsa, Ok.
    RIGHT NOW I'M USING Ernie Ball REG. SKINKIES ON MY 4-STRING. I LIKE THE FEEL & SOUND OF THEM.

5. BullCityBass

BullCityBass

Jun 14, 2005
    Durham, NC
    I have been through probably 8 to 10 different string brands on my corvette standard 5 and I just recently ended my search, DR Low-riders have the most delicious tone I have heard come out of that bass yet!

they are brite but not too brite, very punchy and have such a beautifully balanced tone. I read the various reviews before I tried them and everyone else seems to love theirs too. They really shine through on the warwick!

Chris

6. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    +1 on the Lo-Riders. I used the 45-105 gauge on my old Corvette and they sounded great.