strings from 'net

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Oct 23, 2004.

1. where is the cheapest place to get strings on the internet?
  2. {OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
  3. problem is...many of those places dont ship out of the usa :meh: ..being in australia sux...i mean..its a better country..but not for buying stuff from places like that
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  5. i just checked just strings...i cant belive the price of blue steels...about half the price they are here...$28us, but the potage to overseas is $35us :crying:
  6. {OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    Hmmmmm, are you sure? Have you contacted any of these places yourself?

I know BassNW offers worldwide shipping on some of their basses.... :cool:
  7. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    My store ships to Australia for $9.95. In fact, Aussies are about 50% of my international sales.

8. sweet! the price i got for bootzillas was $120aus :eek: ill ask the expert now, are the Dean Markley blue steels 36" scale?
  9. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I believe that they are your basic standard long scale (34") and wouldn't work on a 36" bass.

10. damn...i was really lookin forward to trying the blue steels....well looks like bootzilla's...or fat beams

you dont happen to be able to do mix and match sets 36" e and 32" gda do ya? :D
  11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I gotta agree with tappel. Tom is a stand up guy, and I use him for ALL of my string purchases as of the past year or so. He does right by me every time, never a problem, never a hassle.

P.S. He's modest, so here's his website: Don't forget to try the Ironman string sets. (Tom, are they 34" or longer")
  12. yeah..i checked his profile and went to his site...i see me doing some buisness shortly.....screw paying $120 for some dr's :D
  13. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    DUDE! where the heck have you been all my life.

Thanks for the link.

*runs to get his credit card*
  14. Hi Tom,

So, is your store?

I have some Rotosound swing bass strings, and some rotosound flats on the way to me from you at the moment. It's my first order from your site.

I'm hoping to receive them any day now. So far I've been pleased with your site, prices and communication. And thanks for keeping your shipping costs to Australia reasonable!

Keep up the good work.

15. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Hi Luke,

I have great success getting stuff from here in NY to Australia in good time; usually 7-10 days. Do me a favor and email when you get your package. Let me know if it arrived promptly and safe. I like to keep tabs. :)

As far as shipping costs go, I'm considering a slight increase for international customers. Not much, though... maybe $1.50 or so. I hope that won't chase 'em away!

16. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I just ordered some D'Addario 1/2 Rounds on Musician's Friend for $13 US. They've got a bunch of other strings on clearance, check it out, maybe they ship internationally.
  17. they dont
  18. Hi Tom,

Received the strings today in good order, and good time.

I'll be ordering my next strings from you for sure. :D

19. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I'll be joining you as soon as I get paid this week.
  20. i just got an email back from Dean Markley and i quote
    so blue steels :D