1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strings FS in UK; Danny Thompson set and Oliv A/D/G

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Clarkybass, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Clarkybass

Clarkybass Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I have two sets of strings I am looking to sell:

[DEL]Danny Thompson elitist set - very little playing time (few weeks at most) but the silks, like Spirocores, are very fragile and so are very slightly tatty from having been installed and removed. I am after £70 posted in UK or £75 posted to mainland Europe or £80 to US. Bear in mind these retail at £145 new so its a big saving[/DEL]SOLD

Oliv A/D/G in very good condition - I picked up the D and G in near-mint, used condition and bought a matching A new from thestringzone.co.uk about a month ago. There are no breaks in the windings, the silks are in great condition and these are basically excellent. Only selling as I am a part-time hobbyist bass player and would prefer more stable tuning. They sound wonderful! I am after £150 posted in UK (vs new price £270) and as above add £5 for postage to mainland Europe and £10 to US. Not keen to split, would much rather sell as a complete set.

2. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Danny T strings sold (on UK BassChat forum). Olivs still available with picture attached below to show their excellent condition

Attached Files:

3. igor kondur

igor kondur

Jul 28, 2004
    NYC
    Hi!
    So, what is your impression of DT Elite string?
    Thanks)

4. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Hi Igor, they are best characterised in my view as a solid, less growly Spirocore-type string. You have to work quite hard to get growl on the E and A, in particular, which is obviously not a problem for the great man with his amazing hand strength but it didn't come easily to me. They are definitely closer to Spirocore Mittel in tension than Weich.

Overall very good strings but to my mind neither offering the full-on growl of Spiros or the outright thump of guts/gut-alikes - which happen to be my favourite sounds.

5. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    All sold, please close