1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strings identification, i need help (photos inside)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ilmaio, Nov 21, 2010.

1. ilmaio

ilmaio

Sep 3, 2009
    Cremona - Italy
    Hi guys,
    last week i bought an used Cort B4FL. The prevoius owner swapped its factory D'Addario strings with some flatwounds, but he said he doesn't remember what strings they are. He said they may be Fender, but he's not 100% sure.
    Can you help me identify those strings?

They have green silk on the ball end, and they're naked and the other end, here some pics:
    DSCN4123.
    DSCN4122.

2. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    Yep, that shade of blue in a flatwound looks like Fender to me.

3. Meatrus

Meatrus

Apr 5, 2009
    England
    Fenders for sure. Not sure if the new ones (they repackaged and changed them recently-ish) still have the green silks, the old ones definitely do.

4. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    SS Fender flats..

5. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    They look like the reformulated Fender flats to me. And these new Fender flats have the best tone of any flats I've ever played, and I've played at one time or another all of them in my 35+ years of playing bass. Give them a chance. They don't sound "hollow" like D'Addario chromes and similar, they have more "bite" than Labellas, they actually have a flatwound "vibe" unlike the various groundwounds from whatever company, they're not quite as "soft," both in tone and tension, as TI's, and they have reasonable tension that won't require much of a truss rod tweak, unlike the high tension of Rotosound monels.

6. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    I found Fenders to have too much tension