1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strings in Frankfurt AM

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Danko, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Hello,

My dad is in Frankfurt right now, and maybe it's best that he buys me a set of strings there. Here, they are 30% more expensive than in Germany.

I'm interrested in Pirastro Flexocors medium or TI Spirocores Orchestral medium.

Do you guys know where is the best place to buy them strings there?

I know there is a music fair opening tomorrow, but I guess my dad won't be very happy to browse around, and there is a mighty fine enterance fee to be paid only for a set of strings.

Thanks in advance for a quick answer!

Danko

2. exmachina

exmachina

Feb 3, 2006
    Belgium
  3. 16fuss

16fuss

Apr 25, 2005
    I usually buy strings at http://www.paganino.de
    dont know how long your dad stays in germany, but they ship VERY fast (one day).prices are the best, as far as i know. he should tell them he is a GEBA- member, so he will get 10% off.

4. Cool thanks guys!

It's strange, how it's cheaper to buy through an Internet website than in a normal music store. The only trouble is that you need to have an address in Germany to ship to. :(

Danko

5. exmachina

exmachina

Feb 3, 2006
    Belgium
  6. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
  7. Yes ordered from them TI Spiros. Hope they arrive in time for my dad to pick them up. If not, I'll get them in a month or so. That's fine too.

Thanks all, you guys have been more helpful than all my web browsing skills including my contact with TI customer and export service personel.

:smug: :)

Danko

8. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    I might get intro trouble for saying this, but I live in Germany and have my strings - even German made strings - shipped to me from the US. Even with shipping I save 30 - 50%. In Germany we don't pay duty on packages valued under EUR 50. If you must pay the "Zoll" it is quite severe. You can use this information as you like. Certain online sellers can be flexible. I don't want to encourage anyone to do anything unethical, but if a certain set of German-made strings can be sold at a profit in the US for $120 I find it a little disturbing that I must pay the equivalent of $200 in Germany. Is that ethical?
    Robobass

9. I know exactly what you're going through. We have shops in Croatia too, you know. And guess what? Strings are cheaper in Germany, and even more cheap in the USA.

We also pay custom dues, and 22% tax while importing. So, there is various ways to get around that which sometimes even work. The easiest way is actually to have someone pick up the goods for you in Germany or USA. Now I have my dad in Germany, and I hope he picks the strings up for me. :)

The only trouble right now is that I don't understand what is happening with the package:

Can anyone tell me please if my package has been delivered to Frankfurt AM or not (copied from DPD website).

Datum
    Uhrzeit Depot
    Ort Scannung
    Ausrolllisten-Nr. Route PLZ Code

18:31 195
    Leupoldsgrün (D)
    Einrollung
    160 60386 44

06:26 160
    Raunheim (D)
    Eingang
    160 60386 44

07:59 160
    Raunheim (D)
    Ausrollung

09:37 160
    Raunheim (D)
    Zustellung
    466004 J

01:06 160
    Raunheim (D)
    Info-Container
    POD available
    Gescannt am: 31.03.2006 00:03

Danko

10. Ok. the package arrived. Thanks all. I'll post my impressions of TI Spiros later when I try them out for few days.

Danko