Strings Question: Elixir, Sadowsky and Conklin

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Big Ce, May 25, 2005.

1. Playa Playas

I have a question regarding the following strings. I'd like to know if there is anyone that have had any experiences with them and if they did would they recommend them.

First up is the Elixir Nanoweb Strings for 6 string bass, I have read that hey last a very long time and they are bright and punchy. The one thing that caught my eye how expensive they are.

Next would be the Sadowsky Strings for my MM Fender Jazz, she is currently strung with DR Hi Beams, I do love the Hi Beams sound, through they have a slightly rough feel at first, one thing that have noticed is that they seem to lose something with a couple of months. I would like something as puncy and bright as the Hi Beams but something that lasts much much longer.

Finally, the Conklin Snakeskins for 6 string. I'd like to know if anyone has any day to day experience with them and would they reccommend them. They too are very pricey.

This is a great site and I look forward to any info anyone can share. Thanks again!!! :)

Big Ce :bassist:
    MM Fender Jazz
    TUNEBass TWB53 5 String
    Yamaha TRB 1006 6 String

Cube 100