Strings suggestions Ibanez SRMS806

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lord_mezry, Feb 23, 2019.

1. lord_mezry

lord_mezry

Apr 12, 2007
    I recently got myself an Ibanez SRMS806. This is my first multiscale or fanned frets bass. It has scale length of 33.6"-35.5". So any suggestions what strings should i use. I want to change the stock strings it came with.

2. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
  3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    What are the things you don't like from the stocks (most likely D'Addario XL Nickels Super Long Scale) and what are the things you're after from the new ones?

4. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Yes, any strings with 38" winding length will suffice for Ibanez multiscale basses.

HaphAsSard likes this.
  5. lord_mezry

lord_mezry

Apr 12, 2007
    Not that i don't like, just wanted to have a fresh set of strings and wanted to know what strings should i be using.

6. MasterG

MasterG

Dec 21, 2018
    I use RotoSound extra long on my SRMS800. They sound good.

7. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    well... The color-coded ball ends of the stock strings is the clue telling us that they are D'Addario's. As previously posted, the stock strings are most likely D'Addario XL Nickel. There is also possibility Ibanez puts D'Addario NYXL on newer bass models, although Ibanez describes this only on their BTB Premium line, not on the SRMS.

For sure, Ibanez website describes the strings are 32-45-65-80-100-130, which conform to D'Addario Regular Light Gauge. So, if you feel like to use the same strings as stocks:
    1. get D'Addario EXL170-5SL (5 string Regular Light Gauge Super Long Scale set) and an additional single string XLB032 for the high-C (just the regular Long Scale, no need Super Long Scale for the high-C); or
    2. in case you'd like the more expensive NYXL, get the NYXL32130SL (6 string Regular Light Gauge Super Long Scale set).
    Lots of other strings sets can be used on the SRMS806 if you feel like to use strings from other companies to get other flavour of sounds. The key is to make sure the winding length is 38".

8. lord_mezry

lord_mezry

Apr 12, 2007
    Thanks for the information. I will try the EXL170-5SL and XLB032.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022