Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

strings that aren't straight....

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Mar 7, 2005.

1. if you wind a string around the post and it doesn't turn out straight, is the string tension affected? I have a couple new strings on my bass that i'm trying to correct so that they're wound straighter, but I don't know how to fix it and i think it's affecting the feel of my bass (or maybe i'm just nitpicking, it's been a year since i changed my strings). can anyone help?

2. They might just be gay strings. Hey, not that there's anything wrong with that. That's just how they were made.

3. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    It's a choice. :p

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    nope

5. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    go back to the punch records board would you!!1!!!!!

:bassist:

6. damn shawn, get over it. this is the one forum i can talk about an instrument i enjoy playing. plus i don't have to fight anyone to get an opinion in on a topic

7. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    As long as you have a sufficient down angle sfter the nut, I don't think it should matter at all.

8. for now i'm just adjusting the bridge to make up for any tension. i plan on getting my bass set up to play in D position anyways, so it won't hurt to screw around much

9. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    reeeelax dude bro, just bustin ya chops.