1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Strings with metal "slides" over the bridge

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by kpo, Apr 18, 2009.

  1. Does anyone remember strings coming with a little metal slide that would go under the string as it crossed the bridge?

    Does anyone still have any of those? I never liked them before, and I threw many out over the years, but now I'd really like to get my hands on a bunch of them.
  2. anonymous12251111

    anonymous12251111 Banned

    Apr 6, 2007
  3. Those came with many different strings...I remember Super-Sensitive included them. In the days when we had higher bridges (before adjusters) they were used to lessen the angle of the string as it crossed the bridge notch.
  4. ?
    Got a load of them over the years, but never got metal grooves in the packages.
  5. They still provide them I think, but they're very cheap and big.

    Pirastro used to supply some, and they're high quality.

    Email Adrian Mueller, Pirastro's technical manager.
    He'll probably send you a batch if they still have some in stock.

Share This Page