Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

strings??????

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bassist6464, Jun 17, 2004.

1. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    Should i put peavey strings on my peavey sarzo, or should i put on some other brand say d'addario's. I know my dad will tell me what to do but i want to ask you guys!

2. bassist6464, I suggest if you own a set of Peavey strings and you wish to see how they feel, sound and play, by all means try them. You can always change them out if you dislike them for any reason.

You do not have to put the same brand string onto the same brand instrument. Example.. I own Fender Basses but I do not have Fender brand strings on my all my Fender basses.

Strings are a personal preference and though your Dad may be able to guide you as to which strings he feels are good, eventually you'll need to find which string type/brand works best for your playing style. You may end up using a lighter gauge or even a heavier gauge then your Dad. I would ask him to help you though, especially if he's a bass player with experience!

Check into string types also.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena