1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SIG, Mar 24, 2009.

1. SIG

SIG

Jul 9, 2008
    Have a 2006 nos Fender american jazz S 1 switching has maple neck came with strings that are .45 .65 .85 110 should I stick with same string or change to other strings & size.

2. I guess my question for you would be: Do you like them, and do they fit the sound you are wanting? If yes, then by all means replace them with the same set. If not, then try something else.

3. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Don't be afraid to try out different strings and gauges if you can afford it. Just make sure you know how to adjust the truss rod to adopt to strings with different tension. No-one know what fits you best. Low tension? High tension? Rounds? Flats? Nickel? Stainless steel? Chrome(s)? Coated? Non-Coated? Other? There's a huge variety of strings, and the only way to find out what fits you best is to try out different alternatives.

You have now heavy gauge strings on (.110). Maybe you could try a thin set next? Perhaps a set of TI flats? Those are low tension flats and will give a significantly different sound than the heavy rounds you have on now.