1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Striped Truss Rod

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by et141311, Dec 6, 2006.

1. et141311

et141311

Oct 25, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    I was adjusting my action and neck and all on my Fender Jazz...well its really a Koren Squier, anyway. I was turning it alittle both ways to get it "Right" for low action, well ya know how it goes with the bridge too and all. Well then my tool stoped catching! Because the nut on the inside stripped! What do I do???????

Please Help...
    Should I just by a new Fender Neck?

2. et141311

et141311

Oct 25, 2006
    Greenville, SC

Ok I got the nut out today. Its destroyed! (It was really hard).
    Now where could I get another one quick? I heard you cant get them at the hardware store.
    The Rod is fine its just the nut was stripped.
    I need to find a better way I tighting when I do in a way that wont strip it next time. Thing is my other 2 basses havent had this problem.

3. RareBear

RareBear

Oct 30, 2006
    :D :D :D Some one had to say it.

4. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Using the correct tool for that nut is generally the way to keep this from happening. If you have to crank on it so hard that it strips with the correct wrench/tool, then something else is wrong . . .

- Tim