1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stripped Truss Rod

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by NikDea, Oct 6, 2010.

1. NikDea

NikDea

Oct 6, 2010
    Tacoma
    The truss rod on my spector is stripped and I was wondering the best direction to go. Some guy at the local music store said to take it to a luthier because he had a special tool to adjust it or take it out. I don't feel like spending 150 on something that can be adjusted in a second.

2. Hi.

Welcome to TalkBass NikDea.

I have no experience about Spectors, but I'd guess that there's different TR designs within the line-up, so what kind of TR/bass.

If it's a regular single acting TR, You may be in luck. 90% of the time, it's the easily replaceable TR nut that's stripped, not the truss rod itself.

Regards
    Sam

3. NikDea

NikDea

Oct 6, 2010
    Tacoma
    The website dosen't say much except YOUR bass has a dual tross rod in it. It dosen't say if its for all or certain models. I m pretty sure my bass is a korean classic model, its a 5 string holoflash and the neck is regular looking. I was maybe wondering if there was some way I could make a jig to turn the nut.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021