1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*strokes beard* Interesting

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, May 8, 2005.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Someone should look up that Dr. W. Howell or whatever his name was to see if there is more to this than this lousy article. :eyebrow: I have to get ready and go to work. :crying:

2. walewein

walewein

Jun 13, 2003
    Belgium
    When I get to uni tomorrow, I'll look it up on web of science ;)

3. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Sorry dude. I thought you were diagreeing based on our inability to quantify beauty.

I also think the article was weak, inflammatory and poorly documented.

But with human nature being what it is and looking at the crap our society is exhibiting I sure don't find the article hard to believe.

:eyebrow:

Joe.

4. Its total garbage, different parents, parent differently. Who is to say that Parent A watches his/her child more attentivly then parent B soly because parent A's child is "pretty". Maybe Parent A is just over protective or Parent B was having a bad day. You would have to find parents with two or more children of the same age and see how they react to both children doing the same things. There is soo much more that goes into parenting then how your child looks. And were the ages of the children in this "study" even remotly close? who knows.

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yes, that's it, though it's not quit as round as Dizzy's was. It's much more linear. I actually want to grow it down to the edge of my chin so I have a long strip ala Cyphin from the Matrix. I didn't want to contend with the week long stubble though. Now that I'm off from college though, maybe I'll do that. :cool: