Strong Bad's Secret Revealed!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by reel big bassist, Apr 11, 2003.

1. reel big bassist

reel big bassist

Mar 27, 2000
    Hey everyone,
    Have any of you visited If you have, you probably can't help but wonder how Strong Bad can type with boxing gloves on his hands. Well, I have figured out this riddle and I am going to share it with you. Here's the e-mail I sent him.
    Dear Strong Bad,

I must admit, it did take me a considerable amount of time to solve the mystery that has puzzled my collegues and I for so long. How you type with boxing gloves on your hands.

What troubled me the most is how you could press a specific key while wearing boxing gloves. How could you possibly press the specific key you wanted, boxing gloves are not nearly as accurate as fingers. Ah, but there in lies my folley. I assumed that your gloves actually press down the keys...they do not. You mearly move your hands up and down to appear that you are typing, you may lightly touch the keyboard now and then but you never press down a single key. How is it then that you can type while wearing boxing gloves. Elementary my dear Strong Bad. You have purchased and installed a computer program that types as you speak.

Ah, but this poses another question...yes. If your fingers never touch the keyboard then why do we hear typing. It is true that we hear typing, but it is not from your gloves pressing down the keys. No, it is The Cheat playing synthesized typing sounds on his keyboard in the backround.

But Alas answers just seem to create more questions. If the cheat is playing synthesized typing sounds in the backround, how do I account for the times where he is shown to us. The Cheat that we see is not who he appears. He is merely the goblin in a cheat costume. I arrive at this conclusion from two clues. Number One: you have demonstrated in the past that you can create costumes of another person with incredible likeness. So incredible in fact that the persons own friends can't tell the difference. Number Two: The Cheat and The Goblin are approximatly the same size, this further enchances the likeness of the costume.

That Strong Bad, is how you "type" with boxing gloves on your hands. I have to admit, it took a considerable amount of my time to solve this riddle. Although in the end, it was elementary my dear Strong Bad.

Sherlock Holmes
    That's my theory :) If you have any I'd love to hear them. ;-)
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
  3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
  4. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Alright. Hooray for humanity and public education systems worldwide!

Hope you get Strong Bad to talk about your email on the site.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    it's way too long to be a 'strong bad email' and they already had a 'typing' episode. He put stuff on the gloves as fingers... one was a prawn :)
  6. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    The other was a bucket. You know, maybe like... give The Cheat a bath... or drop the occasional beat.
  7. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    ;) ;) :spit:
  8. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida

Correct. Passed my mind, but yes I did see that typing episode.
  9. Well this one time when I was in Boy Scouts we got to shoot rifles and shotguns and stuff. I almost hit a Clay pigeon while shooting the shotgun and I hit the can with the Rifle! How cool am I?
  10. you need to get out more dude................

11. :D:D

12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You now have a minute of my life I did not want you to have.

I want my time back.
  13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i couldn't have said it better

14. I didn't even read it and I thought it was......

15. Although there is a chance that they could use it, it is really small since the e-mail is so long. They only use e-mails that are really short.