1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Stroy / Dolan fretless single cut 5. HUGE PRICE DROP $1,000!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NickyBass, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I'm strating a new thread for a new price. This bass is now $1000 + shipping.

I bought this bass here on TalkBass, but it's time to thin the heard. Me and Mrs. NickyBass are expecting our first child in September, and I'm having a bass made for me, so it's time to move some of the basses that aren't getting as much attention.

This one was made my Brandin Stroy (a fellow tb'er). It was chambered, defretted, and finished my Michael Dolan. The bass is all ebony, except for the neck. It plays great. The only issue is that the headstock is a little rough. There is nothing structurally wrong with it though. It just could just be a little cleaner.

The pickups are Kent Armstrong J85's and the pre is an Aguilar OBP-3.

There are more pics here: http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k224/nickybass/stroy-dolan/

IMG_1424.

2. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    bump for a nice bass with a new price

3. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Bump -- This one is still available.

4. fendersax

fendersax

Feb 17, 2007
    Philadelphia
    great bass man! thanks for swinging by today... some one will be very happy to have this one... i guess i'm just a 4 string guy at heart.... and you can't ask for a better person to deal with than nicky or find a better price on a superb instrument... good luck!

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Say, what's the weight, scale length, and string spacing at the bridge? Also, how would you describe the shape of the neck profile? Thanks!

6. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Hey, thanks for the replies and interest. The bass weighs right around 9 lbs on my bathroom scale. Before it was chambered, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 13 or more. Now it's a great weight. Very comfortable to hold.

The scale length is 35". I will have to get back to you about the spacing, but it feels similiar to an F Bass BN5.

The profile is very comfy. It isn't too thick, but not too thin either. It sort of flattens out as it reaches the center. For me, it's perfect. If I had to compare it to something else -- It's similiar to an older Lakland 55-94 that I played.

7. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I am always open to trades....

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If it was a 34" I'd be all over it. Good luck!

9. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Thanks for the interest anyway. I am open to trades on this one. Run anything by me.

A few trades, off the top of my head..
    -Epifani UL110 or 112.
    -Eden WT400
    -AMP heads
    -Thunderfunk heads.

Of course, there is alot that I'd consider.

10. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Bump

11. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    This bass is on it's way to it's new home. Thanks for all the interest.

I'm sure this one will be loved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.