Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Struggle Of The Faiths

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by supernaut_1, Mar 17, 2004.

1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    this is a new song i wrote and i would really appreciate some feedback for it. maybe some improvements? personally i think the harmonics were a little random and the riffs could have flowed a little nicer, but what do you think?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/dylanrossmusic.htm

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    definitely some good ideas in there. Some of it was very sabbath-like and by your name I don't think you'd mind that comparision. I like a beefier tone than the one in clip but still cool.

One Gripe. Could hardly hear the harmonics the only ones that rang clearly wear the twelth fret (I believe they are twelth fret, bass it down stairs so I cant confirm that) harmonics. Maybe you could switch techniques to make them ring better (fingers instead of pick, or vice versa).

Keep up good work. Also add a drum track to give a better flow.

3. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    sabbath like? **** yeah! yeah i'm still trying to make good use of my drum machine so until then it won't have any drums to accompany it. the harmonics i think just need to be better written but yeah, i think they would sound a lot better with fingers. thanks for the comments, i appreciate it.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    no prob. Sabbath Rules. Keep up the good work