Strunal bass with AKG DB-1

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Feda, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Feda

Feda Screwed up pitch

Jan 12, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    In a local store here in Bergen,Norway there's a strunal bass made by Josef Jan Dvorak, I couldn't find out what model it is. (The bass dood wasn't in the store at the moment). It's set up with AKG DB-1 pickups. The bass sounds really nice, but I'm afraid I havn't tried any other so I dont have anything to compare against. The marked for doublebasses here in Norway isnt big you see, so getting the chance to try a few others is hard..

The want 3.197,26 US dollars for it (norwegian crown is really weak for the moment)..

Does this sound like a good buy or ripoff?

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Set up properly, Strunals can be very nice sounding, playable basses. My church's bass is a Strunal. I like it very much.

I have no idea what how the whole currency exchange impacts the situation, so really, it will be hard for many folks on the board to see a real picture of what you are actually paying for the bass.

You should note, however, that Strunal, like many factory makers, has a pretty wide variety of models that vary in price a great deal. Without, knowing what model bass it is, it is all but impossible to tell if it is a good deal or not.

I assume the bass is setup, which is certainly worth something. Knowing the value of that pickup in that market is important as well.
  3. Feda

Feda Screwed up pitch

Jan 12, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I will go and find out what model it is as soon as possiblle!
    The pickups are worth about 600US, atleast that's what they cost in Norway.