Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by lefty, Jan 30, 2006.

1. lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    are strunal basses any good? thanx
  2. glivanos

glivanos Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Philadelphia Area
    I have one. I bought in new back in August of last year.

Its a model 50/4, all laminate with ebony fingerboard and fittings.

It's a good sounding and playable bass for the money.

There have been other threads on this site regarding Strunals and they are pretty consistent about them being decent for their price range.

I would recommend going with the ebony board and trim though. The entry model has ebonized fittings.
  3. I've had my Strunal 5/35 hybrid since 2000 and she's doing fine. They are good basses that seem to last. I know another player who owns a plywood Strunal and he too loves his bass.
  4. Bofee

Aug 19, 2005
    Grass Valley, CA
    My first bass was a Strunal 50/4 (Plywood). It's about 15 years old now and I still gig it regularly. I've never had a problem with it.
  5. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    I've got a 1999 Strunal 5/35 hybrid (labelled as an "Andrew Schroetter") and it's a very nice sounding bass for the money. It certainly will get you through the first few years (and beyond) while you explore your love/hate/joy/pain/frustration/ecstasy/(add your own word) relationship with the d*** instrument and either decide you want to dedicate yourself to it or smash it into little pieces :meh: .
  6. And if you smash it to peices it only cost around $1500.00 instead of $5000.00 or more. These Strunals get better all the time. :D