1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strung out by the USPS

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by slobake, Dec 9, 2011.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Ordered some flats to put on my new 50's Precision :hyper:. Just Strings shipped them from New Hampshire on 11/29. They arrived in Los Angeles on 12/7 then went to Orange County on 12/8. Just one problem,, I live in San Francisco. I hope they don't deliver them Disneyland, Goofy already has a set of flats. :meh:
    Jim at Just Strings said they would send me a new set if they don't arrive by Monday.

2. Whenever I order from MF, the UPS truck that goes from the MF distribution center to the UPS sorting center drives right past my house. In the age of supply chain, you never can tell how the logistics aer set up.

3. Don't be silly Goofy plays sax

4. slobake

My mistake, is it Donald then ? :p

5. Ha! it is Donald but I heard he's got a bad heroin problem so I think they had open auditions and it came down to Aladdin, Dumbo, and Lee Sklar (because he's in every other band). I'm interested to see who they choose.

6. slobake

I'm pulling for Dumbo. Major thump there.

I thought I saw Donald at a 12 step meeting.

7. Yea Donald needs to focus on Donald for a while and put slappin some funky bass aside for a time. We are all pullin for him.

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Order from Bass Strings Online next time!

9. TimB 619

TimB 619 Guest

May 28, 2010
    Got that right, they ship FAST!!

10. slobake

I think the journey is almost over. The strings arrived at Richmond Calif. last night, at least that is in Northern Calif.
    I was just wondering why does Fender ship 50's Precisions with roundwounds ?
    And what kind of strings does Robbotbass use on his bass?

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I once waited six months for $1000 worth of videotapes to be delivered by USPS. When the box came in, it was covered in dust and had obviously been sitting in a warehouse somewhere. It was fully and correctly addressed.

No charge for the encouragement....

12. soulman969

soulman969 Banned

Oct 6, 2011
    Englewood, Colorado
    +1. Not to criticize your choice OP but you're ordering from a company all the way across the country from you when you could be getting them in your own state in 2-3 days. Just sayin'. :)

13. Sigged.

14. slobake

Got my set of flat wound GHS phone cables on Saturday., it was worth the wait, they sound awesome. Gotta watch to see if the extra tension from the new strings bows the neck.

15. onestring

onestring

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, CA
    Har, I hope they find you!

Been using Just Strings for almost ten years now, and I always think it's freaky how fast they get from NH to CA via the USPS. It's almost always two days after I order them.

The only thing else that arrives that quickly is bills!