1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Strymon, IE, HBE, Malekko, SS/BS, Aguilar, Boss, SolidGold etc for Neunaber or?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by sunbeast, Apr 24, 2015.

1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    Prices added- I priced somewhat to favor cool trades, but feel free to make reasonable offers.

So I have been accumulating lots of cool pedals in my search for sounds and making use of few lately. I figure its time for a bit of spring cleaning to make room for some new stuff I'm intrigued by. I'm especially interested in trades, but will add prices to some of these in the coming days as well.
    For trades, my top interests are:
    -Any of the new V2 Neunaber Stereo pedals or Slate (this is my main GAS right now!)
    -Tap-tempo and/or MIDI-capable delays with controllable modulation and interesting textures (JHS Panther Cub, Empress, Diamond, ???)
    - A recent Firewire audio interface with at least 4 inputs and MIDI (MOTU Audio Express, Focusrite Saffire, etc). Might go for the right USB interface as well.
    - Stomp Under Foot Civil War or Civil Unrest
    - Iron Ether Nimbus (new style with the Bass control)
    - Mr. Black Gilamondo
    - Chorus/ detune pedals with tone control
    - Interesting shimmer/reverb/shimverb pedals
    - Other interesting ambient FX
    - Moog MF Drive or Delay
    - Radial JDI
    - Other interesting stuff?

What I have:

-Strymon El Capistan- What can be said- a great and highly tweakable tape-reverb powerhouse! I love it, but feel there are so many other delay options out there I really want to try still. Newest version in great condition with velcro, box, power supply, and manual. $265 shipped OBO

SOLD>>>>>>>-Iron Ether Polytope- This is one of the older etched models. I have loved it and recommended it for years as the best choice to get chorus tones for people that think chorus is cheesy. I still stand by that, but also kinda miss having a more colored/warm and traditional chorus at my disposal for the ambient stuff I'm messing with. This one has seen alot of use and has some chips in the finish around the edges and velcro, but still works perfectly! $175 shipped SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>>

SOLD>>>>>>>>>-H.B.E. Psilocybe- An infamously great bass phaser, and one I have tried a ton of times to find a place in my band to no avail. One of my favorite pedals to flavor synth as well, but I'm just not playing it enough. Good condition with velcro- possibly have the box and manual...$120 shipped SOLD>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-BYOC Parametric Multiband Compressor- A cool pedal recently discussed and dissected on TB by our resident compressor engineer Boomertech (owner designer for FEA). I bought this with the plan of implementing his suggested mods, but as with many projects in my life it was put on the back-burner long enough that I've kinda lost interest. Being able to put different amounts of compression on lows and highs and blend them independently is genius, and in the little time I spent with the pedal I found some really cool and unique tones. Bought from the venerable DirtyDuke here: SOLD - byoc multi band para comp | TalkBass.com . In great condition with velcro.$75 shipped OBO

TRADED>>>>>>>>>>>>-Smallsound/Bigsound Mini Overdrive- This is one of the pedals I'm most on the fence about, as I dig its unique character of overdrive and haven't really found anything that does quite what it does (and it works great with anything- bass, guitar, drum machine, synth). That said, it hasn't found a home in my band and so is expendable. This is the version with top jacks and it is in great condition with velcro- I might have the box around still...*For cool trades only for nowTRADED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TRADED>>>>>>>-Malekko Diabolik-
    Have always wanted a B:assmaster in a more reasonable size, and the demos sounded great so I picked this up when visiting Portland last. I really dig the simplicity of this pedal and it is capable of some of the most massive bass fuzz tones I've ever messed with but ultimately I think it is just too much for me for most situations- another thing I'd like to keep around for certain occasions, but that will probably never be a main squeeze in the directions I've been heading. In great condition with box (I think?). $120 shipped TRADED>>>>>>

SOLD>>>>>>>-SolidGold FX Beta Drive- This is one TB flavor-of-the-week overdrive that I really like. I actually find its medium drive sounds somewhat akin to a tighter version of some of my favorite low gain Russian Muff tones and this bumped the TFR fuzz from my board for a bit. Also good at Black-Rebel Motorcycle Club kinda tones with the right bass. Also wouldn't mind keeping this, but want to try new things! In great condition with velcro and box. $130 shipped SOLD>>>>>>>>>

SOLD>>>>>>-Aguilar Agro- I think this pedal gets an undeserved bad rep on TB- it has so much presence and mid-scoop on tap that if you are not careful it can seem quite thin, but with judicious use of the two tone controls I can get some great grunt and grit unlike anything else I've tried and without losing the bass. I actually prefer this pedal to the Darkglass B3K in my rig, and it can give the best Chris Squire-esque grindy clear Rickenbacker bass tones I've heard from a pedal. This is another pedal I like to have around for certain purposes, but just isn't getting much use. In great condition, with velcro- comes with box and possibly manual... $105 shipped SOLD>>>>>>>>

-Boss OC-2- This is a classic of course and hard for to get rid of, but my Iron Ether Subterranea can cop something close enough that this guy just ends up gathering dust. I disengaged the -2 Octave to give the -1 Octave more output, but this is easy to reverse (just involved desoldering one side of a resistor). This one is made in Taiwan and in good condition with velcro. *Interesting trades only for now*

-Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Stereo Reverb- One of the best mass-produced reverbs around in my opinion- very versatile and has really quality tones. I've been using this one happily for several years now, but am looking for something more trippy/crazy these days. In great condition with velcro. $80 shipped OBO

-Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer- You know it, you love it! This is my second one and probably won't be my last unless I buy an alternative, but it just isn't getting much use right now so? In great condition with velcro- comes with box, power supply, and manual. $100 shipped OBO IMG_1309.JPG

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    blindrabbit likes this.
  2. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    PM sent

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You'll need to post prices immediately to any items that you're willing to sell or the thread will need to be taken down. Thank you

4. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sorry- edited for trade only til I decide on pricing!

blindrabbit likes this.
  5. Kano2864212

Kano2864212 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield, MA
    Any interest in an Eqd Arpanoid for the mini?

6. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    That thing looks super cool, but I'm gonna pass for now- the Mini is my most "on the fence" pedal on here, so I want something definite to replace it!

7. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    I'll Take the Solid Gold Beta FX if your selling ? Price ?

8. BLKOVT

BLKOVT

Jun 27, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    how much for the freeze?

9. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Prices added! Sorry for the delay- I've been distracted lately!

10. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Polytope is mine...yay.

11. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Polytope and Agro sold. Thanks dudes!

12. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    PM sent

13. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Beta SOLD!!!

Caleb Mills likes this.
  14. blocka

blocka

Feb 24, 2014
    Sunshine Coast
    Swap a Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus for the freeze?

15. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm not a big fan of the CEB-3

16. blocka

blocka

Feb 24, 2014
    Sunshine Coast
    Fair enough, I like it but I also have a Mobius so it's kinda just sitting around.

17. bcoomes

bcoomes

Feb 6, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Sending pm

18. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Looks like the Diabolik is traded!

19. sunbeast