Strymon Mobius

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassist96, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    HEYS BASS PEEPS

Im looking at the realm of the Strymon Mobius now to replace my Mxr Phase 90 and Mxr Bass Chorus Deluxe to give me a little more and some new effects. Can this pedal get you a sound similar to the phase 90 and that 80s chorus bass sound (think the cure or duran duran). I also heard from a few people the mobius was an issue cause it sounded too digital, i know its a digital pedal, but is it that bad? wish the pedal had a bass demo

Cheers

2. I have no personal experience, so I can't answer your questions. But have you seen these?

Cheers,
    Kalle

3. HalfManHalfBass

HalfManHalfBass

Jan 21, 2003
    Hi there,

While this pedal does have a 4 stage phaser mode and is very flexible, I personally didn't find it did a good Phase 90 sound.

There are a ton of chorus modes, so I'd be very surprised if you didn't find something you liked in there though.

Just for your information, I found that its huge footprint, high power requirements and the way it's necessary to scroll through the banks (pressing two buttons at a time) made me return to using single pedals.

I did use it (with greater success) with a midi pedal, but at that point pedal board real estate is reduced even further!

I have had all 3 of the Strymon large pedals as well as some of their single units and despite all the talk (especially over at the Gear Page), I have never personally experienced the 'digital sheen' on top of my signal that others claim to have heard.

I maintain that if it really did adversely effect so many players' tone, Strymon would have corrected it long ago by now.

Peace,

Rob.

4. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    cheers guys!