Stu Hamm & Markbass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Linnin, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    If you caught the live feed from Markbass HQ on facebook, you saw & heard greatness. Stu has a new signature hybrid Markbass amp & 215 cab. Sounds better than any Markbass rig I've ever heard before. Worth your while.
    Markbass

el jeffe bass likes this.
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    23658628_10212765094778694_5708317882247678202_n.jpg

Garret Graves and mikewalker like this.
  3. I had seen from his Facebook page that he had moved over to Markbass cabs but I hadn't seen that he had his own signature kit. It looks very good. I saw a post where he had remarked that he was using 15" cabs and was surprised by the tone. Markbass do a really tight and articulate speaker though, nothing like the 15" flop-monsters of days gone by (I have a Markbass Jeff Berlin CMD151P combo, it's seriously impressive).

I wonder how his new amps would sound with an Urge II...?

Linnin likes this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yeah it's a brand new 2x15 cabinet. You can find the video on facebook. There's horrible latency on it that wasn't there live, but it's a very good recording so you can really hear the amp very well. He's playing his metallic green Warwick signature bass. Sounds better than any Markbass I've ever heard.

5. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    that amp is terribly ugly.

but the uglier the markbass head the better it sounds generally speaking (example: Rocker 500, classic 300, sd1200, f1 and ninja)

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I'm pretty sure Marcus Miller; Stu Hamm, and Jeff Berlin will all be at the MarkBass booth at NAMM in a few days from now.

Garret Graves likes this.
  7. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    hmm... typo in the silkscreen - they left out the "F."!! :woot:

Daniel Piper and Bob_Ross like this.
  8. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggbassplayer.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Yeah baby! And Federico Malaman and Mohini Dey

Linnin likes this.
  9. nickm2375

nickm2375

Oct 31, 2017
    Philadelphia
    This is everything I've ever wanted from a MB. Graphic EQ and a tube pre. A nice simple layout.

Any idea when this is going to be available to purchase?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021