Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stu Hamm Now Endorses Peavey Amplification

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ebozzz, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Stu probably enjoys having food with his meals.

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I'd like to hear that Pro 500 head and the Pro cabs. I heard the BAM 210 and it was awesome. I can't justify the expense though. I wonder how long Stu will stay around? Oteil Burbridge is no longer on their list.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

"...although I experimented with different amps through the years, I always made my way back to Peavey"

Umm...that multi-year relationship with Hartke was "an experiment":confused:

bgavin - Way funny! :D

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm a Eden guy and I liked the new PV Pro 500! Nice features great price well built, What more could ya ask for, Hec I just put a late 90's PV Classic 400 on layaway, 122lb all tube head and let me tell ya the thing has tone out the butt! It's going to be my Studio rig as soon as I find the right 810 cab.

5. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I'd like a little more power with that Pro 500 head. I probably wouldn't buy one since I've gone the modular route but I want to hear it. I read about your Classic 400 find. Congratulations. Every Classic that I have found has been at a distance and I could not pull off the cost plus the added shipping. Chris Brusa from FDP pulled my coat on the Classic about a year ago.

6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    but I finally got it. ;) :D

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    What guys like Stu Hamm and other touring pros sound like to the room has very little to do with the stage rig.....if at all! They get pushed through the moniters and house rig big time!

8. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    I tried the Pro 410 and liked it. I think if you took the Peavey logo off you wouldn't know it was a Peavey. ;-) But now we start getting up to other companies pricing so...

9. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    for all the bam 210 wonderers... dont play it unless u would buy it... u will start messing with it and fall in love... it is a sexy amp... i loved it...

10. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    he must need the money.

cant remember who said it, but someone once told me "never buy anything with peavey written on it", maybe bad advice but it stuck in my mind and it's not let me down so far!
    :)

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i aint a big Peavey fan either, but my DPC1400x hasnt failed me yet!

12. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    i do say that in jest. although i've yet to play peavey bass that wasnt total crap - i've only played their cheapy stuff

bustin to try a cirrus or something from the top of their range sometime.

13. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I've never owned a Peavey amp, but the head/cab units I've played thru sounded awesome, not to mention their build quality and nice price. I like their stuff better than Eden or SWR.

I stay with Ampeg as it has a different sound than Peavey, but if I was ever going to make another change, it would be to Peavey.

Their highest priced basses are truly works of art, and the best value anywhere. I'd put the Cirrus up against anything.

14. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Really? Surely you must've heard stupider things than that? ;)

I've not had a good experience with anything made by Peavey, which includes amps, cables and bottom of the range basses. So I cant really judge, like I said it was spoken in jest.

15. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Absolutely Mark! I have played through every amp made since 1976. Although I love them all, I like Ampeg, like I said I play through Eden stuff, BUT! I have had breakdowns with Ampeg, Acoustic, Even my EdenWT400 had to be fixed two months after I got it.
    I played my PV MK6 with two 215cabs from 86 until 93 when it got stolen. It was the most reliable piece of gear that I have ever owned, It sounded killer and it was a tank. I probably would still be playing it today if I still had it.

16. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    also, i have to point out that my comment "it stuck in my mind and it's not let me down so far!" is supposed to be ridiculous.

17. rcrimm

rcrimm Commercial User

Jun 20, 2000
    Meridian, MS USA
    Customer Service, Peavey Electronics
    Peavey does not PAY anyone one cent for a product endorsement.

About all Stu will get for his trouble is use of the gear.
    I seriously doubt a player like Stu Hamm would sign up for a product he doesn't believe in, just for free use of a couple of bass rigs...

And EVH doesn't count. He gets paid a royalty on product sales of his signature designs, and for the use of his trademark, not merely an endorsement per se.

18. to the good folks in Meridian....

for all you do, this Bud's for you.

Keep up the good work, your products are top-notch.