Stu Hamm - Slap, Pop and tap for the bass

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Well, i bought this video yesterday and ive watched it about 4 times already, i think its awesome, nice kubicki he has too, but ive been working on the finger excercises he explained all day at TAFE here, but i do recoomend this video if you come accross it
  2. maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I would get the second video. He playes much cleaner on that one. The first video comes off as a bit sloppy.
    He still has some amazing skills.
  3. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    I've only seen the first one...I've watched it a lot and I'm still amazed by the guy., remarkable tone with the Kubicki!
  4. thats why i bought one, jsut an added bonus it was his, and what surprised me he was using the first active mode which is rather standard, the other active mode with a bass/low mid boost is incredible
  5. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    Heres why Im not a ery big fan of stu hamm. Iwatched the joe satriani solo he hads and thought it was absolutely i decided to try out some of his other stuff. I downloaded hot licks (not sure which one) on limewire, and in the begining he plays the EXACT same solo, with very few differences. And it was 20 years before the joe satriani concert. I mean, you'd think after 20 years of playing the exact same thing he might get bored of it or something. Doesnt that guy know how to play anything else? And those ar5ent the only two places Ive heard it either. He has about 5 very similar solos on his website, and they all sound very similar. They all have linus and lucy to be precise.

.....But hes still really good.
  6. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
  7. most of his live solo's are medely's of his solo songs, for instance the satch dvd solo is:

love thang - satch
    moonlight sonata
    sexually active
    country music

if you visit stu's site theres another solo from the same tour which is longer and different, but still simular

ive found another solo where he plas the origional star trek theme...but man, you'd think metallica would get bored of playing the same thing 20 years on, not to mention the eagles, black sabbath or james brown after 50 years....dude, he's playing stuff the audience wants to dont be a cheapskate, BUY stu's album kings of sleep and i think you'; eat your words