Stu Hamm Solos

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Andy Flees, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Sounds good, very clean, good tone, tight.

For Garageband, you should check out 50MB free webpsace for hosting GB songs.
  2. hey! thats awesome! :)

i love these solos, a friend sent me "Moonlight Sonata" live in chicago, and it starts off so beautiful! (slow solo) then the country music!!

do you have sheet music for these? please tlel me you... :p

rockin! :hyper: :bassist:
  3. Hey, Microbass, do you own a Peavey microbass amp? just curious.
  4. Wrong Robot, how do i sign up at I went to the homepage, but i couldn't find a place to register at. Thanks.
  5. sure do! i dont really use it anymore tho. pretty neat amp, though... :)

im really enjoying these clips man. again, good work! :smug:
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  7. wow, i've been pretty impressed by stu hamm, these songs are really cool. wausau eh? i'll be over in a bit! teach me how to play!

Ok fine, i'm just kidding, but good songs anyway.

8. Very cool, man! What effect did you use on the slow solo?

9. In GarageBand, I added some reverb and a light chorus.

Hey Bernie, I like the signature you have on your posts. I hate it when someone says "I've mastered (whatever)." There's so much to music that not even the greatest musicians of all time could have possibly known all of it. But that's a good thing. It means that there's always something new to learn!
  10. kellymoe

Jun 28, 2012
    West Texas
    I can not get the link of that stu solo. I am assuming it is the one where it starts with that awesome slow bit into moonlight into country music. In either case, do any of you know if that solo (the one I just described) is on itunes and what the actual name of the song and/or album is called? Thank you in advance.
  11. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Zombie thread resurrection! :eek:

Assuming that you are talking about Stu's solo in Joe Satriani's "Live In San Francisco" DVD, the first part is a continuation of the tune being performed, "Love Thing". As far as I'm aware of, that's the only recorded version of that solo bit.

Then he plays part of his take on L.V. Beethoven's first movement of the "Moonlight Sonata", segues into the intro riff from his composition "Sexually Active" and concludes with some excerpts from "Country Music (A Night In Hell)". The original versions of these solo sections can be found in this album: