Stu Hamm Urge (MIM)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pep, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Pep

Pep Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    It appears the the Stu Hamm Urge bass is hot commodity. I'm modifying a '93 (MIM) to an American set-up. I'm always searching the web for them thinking perhaps I might want another one,

I noticed one on Reverb today (also listed on eBay). It's a MIM in black. Whomever had it previously decided to replace the bridge with a Bad Ass III. Great upgrade, and they also decided to run the strings through the body. That's another great upgrade except it appears that they simply drilled small holes but didn't bore the them large enough to insert string ferrules. The butt end of the strings appear to be laying against the body which leads me to believe they may have used small washers to retain the strings. That kind of a half-a**ed way to do it but it's an easy fix. Probably a good pickup form someone who's looking.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021