1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stu hamm urgeII question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r'em'bells, Sep 29, 2009.

1. I have a Fender UrgeII - Stu Hamm signature model.
    I'm very pleased with the instrument, except for the feedback noise. I'm wondering if anybody here had the same problem. Should I contact a manufacturer or just find a tech guy to fix it. Or maybe this hum is the signature noise that comes with Stu Humm model. I'll appreciate your comments on that.

Thanks

2. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    Those are singles from what i know, The hum is ok, It happens in my J-Bass as well.

3. jconary

jconary

May 18, 2008
    Germantown, MD
    I have a similar issue with an Urge II and it seems to be a ground fault somewhere on the electric circuit. I can minimize by changing the house circuit I plug into. The hum on mine also seems to diminish with pup choice and/or rolling off the highs a little.

4. Thank guys. I guess I'll be looking for a tech guy to see If this can be fixed. Noise on mine is really loud and annoying. It does change a bit with the selection of pickups, but not much. The only solution is holding on a strings at all times and turning the volume off.

5. Mr.Typhus

Mr.Typhus

Sep 14, 2004
    Finland
    Sounds like a problem... Mine doesnt have any hiss or humm... Fender website says it has Custom Noiseless jazz pickups... Hope you will get it fixed :)