Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

stu hamm's moonlight sonata

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by lordigg33, Nov 21, 2000.

1. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    i was owndering if anyone out there new n=how to play the version of moonlight sonata stu hamm does on the bass. and if u do could u transcribe it for me. i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actually Lord, you could do what Stu did. Go to your nearest DECENT music store, and purchase a score of the piece (by Beethoven, in case you didn't know). It's not actually a difficult piece to track down, most stores that sell piano music will have a copy of it in stock at all times.

Then just seperate out the left and right hand parts, learn them individually, practice them individually until they're almost playing themselves, then slowly integrate the two parts until you can play it at speed. It won't go quickly, but it is definitely worth the effort :). Have fun....

3. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    lol. u know what? actually after i posted htis i did jsut that. i found some music for it and did it myself. hehehe, not too hard although i just started. it gets a little tricky inparts specially since its on tehbass and is tapped. thanks anyways though! :)

iggy

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Cool Iggy, the real trick is to learn and rehearse the parts seperately, but as you will be actually performing them; i.e. tapping the parts with your left hand, and using your right hand to tap the right hand parts. Then once you get comfortable with them seperately, integrate them. That will be the tricky part, but learning them individually will ease your way. Have fun. :D

5. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas