1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stu Hamn SHB60 Bass question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kevbassman, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Hi Gang, I recently purchased (for a great deal) a Washburn Stu Hamn SHB60 bass.........and the controls go, volume, blend, tone, piezo..........and the iring to me is way off......this is what I sent to Washburn......

Hi, I recently purchased a Stu Hamn SHB60.....for the most part I like the bass, but several factors I don't .......the EQ makes no sense to me...it is suppose to be volume, blend, tone, piezo.......so when the blend control is full right or left, the other pick-up should not be on (w/ piezio off). Also the back cavity cover was on so tight (I was replacing stock batteries) that I nicked the inner wood up removing it for one of the holes...........I have two other Stu Basses the SHB30 & 40 & never had this problem. I also need a Allen wrench for the bass, or the size (bass & bridge). Any new basses I get I set them up immediately, and replace battery's if active EQ. Thx. I really think this bass is wired wrong.

Has anyone else has this problem? I still own the passive SHB30, and that set-up is great.........volume(neck pu), volume (bridge pu) , treble, bass.....or vice versa..........and it makes sense, especially being passive.
    I really feel like taking the active EQ out. Thoughts, suggestions?
    thanks in advance!

2. ByMoora

ByMoora

Feb 11, 2017
    I have the SHB60 and I do not have any problems with. . . But I kn sometimes some little set up but is a great bass. . . I have the SHB3 Natural Matte and is a great bass 3 piece Maple Neck, feel like butter, Body looks great with wood grain, EMG Soup bar pick up nice definition sound , J-Pick up nice jazz classic sound with a original EMG sound, piezo as nice smooth sound with good variation went use treble/bass . . . But for my surprise after a year just with a few practices at home cause always is on the case and Stu Hamm he signed my bass so I keep on the case. . . Now need some just like the neck cause the string is little higher have some false contacts went I use the treble/bass make some graund and the bass don't some like the beginning, sound so low. . . That's make me frustrated but is not a big deal I can't fix it with maybe $80 on GC and is not the first one. . . The Good wood is more sensitive but after a good set up you can use forever and maybe has some wire lose but this basses are good