Stuart Clayton?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bigblondeafro87, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Anybody heard of this guy before? I just found him while browsing through some forums and I reallly like his stuff and am gonna learn some of it.

2. That's me!! Glad you like my stuff!

I have a new updated website, check it out at www.stuartclayton.com - lots of new stuff there.

Cheers
    Stuart

3. Hey thanks for the link stu. Do you have any sheet music/ tab of your song Laura? Thats probably my favortie song that you do.

4. I do have the sheet music somewhere, but it's going in a book that'll be out next year sometime!

I'm glad you like the song though, thanks for the compliment.

Cheers
    Stu

5. Alright, well I guess I'll have to transcribe it myself then, it should only make me better :)

6. Is there any hints you can giv eme about how to play it? I'm about to start learning it, so it owuld be helpful i fI knew the basic chords or techniques. Is it played on a four string? Do you use tapping to play it?

7. It's played on a standard 4-string bass, tuned EADG, using two handed tapping. The intro is fingerstyle with harmonics. For the main section the chords are Bbmaj7, Am7, Gm7, Eb, F. Then the next section is Gm7, F, Eb, D7b9 - if i recall correctly that is! The technique is the same as Victor Wooten uses for Overjoyed, Norwegian Wood etc.

Good luck,
    Stu

8. ok I have the intro with the hamronics and everything figured out, only took an hour or so, now for the rest I'l have to teach myself how to tap :p

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021