Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stuart Coleman of The Music

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by hitman9696, Feb 25, 2005.

1. I went to see this band, The Music, yesterday evening, and I was literally blown away. These guys not only make good music, but they one talented bunch, especially Coleman the bass player. The guy was all over the place, playing one groovy, funky, drivy, heavy bassline after the other. On top of that, he’s very original with the stuff he comes up with. The style of music is unique also. I don’t really know what the overall consensus on this band is, but I think they’re awesome. Plus, they are around 20 yrs old, crazy. So basically, I just wanted to introduce this bass player. He didn’t make any mistakes throughout. I followed him from beginning to end, and he couldn’t stop impressing me. Amazing player, amazing music. The style that just makes you forget about metal for awhile, and just listen to something that gets the groove goin’... He really deserve some attention...

2. screwball

screwball

Jul 25, 2004
    Manchester UK
    The Music are great. I think i prefer their first ablum to the new one just because it has more stand-out tracks (even though Welcome to the North is more consistent IMO)

I haven't heard another band quite like them, and Stuart is a very tasteful bassist. The band as a whole are really talented and gel well too.

Disco is one of my favourite tracks, the way it builds up all the way through is amazing.