Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stuart Spectre bass guitar's ???? Anyone heard of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdbradley, Jan 9, 2004.

1. tdbradley

tdbradley Terry "T-Bone" Bradley

Mar 23, 2003
    Dearborn, MI USA 48124
    I just bought a used 1997, stuart spectre "prototype" 5 string bass. The store I bought it from said it was it was from the 2nd owner. Anyway, it sound very very cool.
    I'll get to the point.... When can I go to look for more info on the man and the bass. I've tried searching the net, but nada.

Any suggestions???

Terry Bradley
    terry@tdbradley.com

2. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
  3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    And you may want to check out our very own "luthier's corner" forum where Stuart has been known to grace us with his presence from time to time... Also note our newest supporting member's (brake's) avatar in the upper left hand corner of your screen. ;)
    :bassist:

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Check out spectorbassworld on Yahoo groups and Spectorworld

5. do you have any pictures of it, I would love to see what it looks like. if it is a prototype I am curious if it is a Europe or USA made bass.

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    If it's a prototype, it's gotta be a US model.

7. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hey, I've been noticed, sweet! :D

Actually, he PM'd me and I'm no help to him. I told him to seek out the Yahoo! Spector bass group, there's one guy on there that has a bottomless pit of Spector information

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
  9. Bond. James Bond.