Stuart Zender AZUR album available!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ceeprm, Feb 3, 2004.

1. ceeprm

Jul 15, 2002
    Edinburgh Scotland
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    It's pretty good stuff. I managed to snag it a few months ago from an "insider" buddy of mine, who shall remain nameless due to the current restraining order he filed against me. If it's the same material I got, it's not really a solo bass album as we're used to- more like slow r'n'b grooves to put on when that special lady friend comes over. ;)
  3. I can't believe it!!! :hyper: I searched over and over for this...thanks!! Zender is tha man! :bassist:
  4. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Thanks for the link:

If I didn't know this was Azur, I'd probably have said that most of these tracks were by D'Angelo. I wish there were a few more uptempo tunes - on a quick listen, the best track is 'All These Things Remind Me'.
  5. "All These Things Remind Me" and "As U are," definitely my two faves.

I like the "chromatically" descending progression from Ab in AZ U-R.

I also like all the full plus-ed chords!

Now if only the lyrics were as clear as Steely Dans'.
    -Just the mix I guess.

Good stuff indeed.
  6. lilafunk

Feb 20, 2009
    hey, i've been searching this album for at least the past 3 years... i found this thread, but is from 2004 and the links doesn't work... please, please is there anyone that would help me to get back this master piece of Stu??? Please!
  7. Camdiggity

Nov 30, 2014
    Hi guys, I just came across this thread as I was looking for a copy of the album. Can anyone possibly mail or Dropbox me a compressed file of the album?

Would be so stoked to hear it!

T. Brookins likes this.
  8. MixBass

MixBass Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    Been listening to this, there is some great stuff on it and Stuart is a groove machine!
    Camdiggity and T. Brookins like this.
  9. Camdiggity

Nov 30, 2014
    Is it possible to get a copy from you mate? Super keen! Can't find it anywhere
  10. MixBass

MixBass Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    There's a full-ish version of it on youtube. A few Henry the 8th endings but the meat is there. I dig the video of the hands too!!