Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stuart Zender spotted on TOTP backing Ms.Dynamite?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, May 31, 2002.

1. on tonight's Top Of The Pops show- in Ms.Dynamite's backing band- bassist playing a white Warwick Streamer 5 with blue SIMS LEDs-
    he looked a lot like ex-Jamiroquai Stuart Zender-
    anyone know any more on this?

2. ps. just did a search- it was Stuart Zender;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/urban/msdynamitea_20020502.shtml

We've got a band together and we are in rehearsals at the moment and they are wicked and they are helping me a lot. They are really encouraging and supporting me. Stuart Zender from Jamiroquai is in the band. We're going out to do a hit and run tour, up and down the country.

(the appearance on TOTP was just miming to the recorded version, though)

3. Great!!! Hope to hear more from him soon :) I was affraid he left playing for good...seem's like I was wrong, good!

4. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I watched it, thought the bass looked cool, but didn't realise it was SZ. Doh!

5. I can confirm that Stu does own a White Streamer with blue LEDs, so it was almost definetly him. Damn, i wish i had seen it. Anyone know if he played on the album or is just a live bassist?

sim

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Reminds of when I watched a reunited Jane's Addiction concert on TV... I thought the bass player was such a Flea-wannabe it made me sick. He had the Flea sig bass, dressed like Flea, acted like Flea, played like Flea.

Well, it was Flea.

7. eheheheh :D that was funny Oysterman